Update 6 is live with Online Coop (finally!) and a lot of other good stuff!
A downloadable game for Windows
SYNTHETIK is an unforgiving action game in a world overrun by machines. Fight as android through the headquarters of the machine legion and avert the end of mankind. Can you reach the highest floor of the first Citadel and destroy the Heart of Armageddon ?...
- Everything is very powerful & dangerous and will tear you to shreds!
- Fight relentless bosses and face high stakes with permanent death
- Environments change their layout every new attempt
- Next level gunplay with Ejecting, Active reload, Jamming, Heat and more
- Intense and genre unseen weapon handling with pixel perfect controls
- Find and upgrade many powerful items and make your own builds
- Tons of weapons with each having 15+ possible variants and attachments!
- Various ammo types for each weapon, even for rockets!
- Multiple classes with many perks to unlock
- Scalable difficulty and tons of upgrades and choices to make!
- Coordinate with your partner in online coop!
Join us now and play before everyone else!
The game is a brutal rogue-lite about masterful gunplay with a lot of mechanics to master, weapons and items to find and multiple classes to level.
There is way too much to talk about, we added so much stuff, just give it a shot!
The progress from the early access version will pass over to the full version. We are looking forward to your feedback!
(Somewhere between 13-19$ at full release)
You will also recieve a Steam key upon final Release.
The game is in development but we already spent 3 years on it and there is plenty of content and a lot more on the horizon.
We have a very open development and love for you to come join us on this ride!
(Rough roadmap: Working on a trailer now, polishing online coop and more coop synergies, more work on floor 3 and 4 and more of everything. We plan on adding a lot of cool stuff before and after release. Come join us!
ONLINE COOP IS NOW LIVE!
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $9.99 USD. You will get access to the following files:
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.
Update 4 is live with a new class and tons of new stuff!
Edit: Also just added a Demo version.
Is there any way of keeping bolts, boxes, etc, from spawning out of the playing field, i.e. behind barriers/fences?
I have been playing the Beta/Demo for the last few days. I have been happily surprised. It brings me back to some of the older games, such as Meat Puppet, Abuse, and Machine Hunter. The only issues I've had are:
- if I leave the game running for a while, and come back, it freezes. When it freezes, I can CTR-ALT-DEL, and select task manager, but the Synthetik red page overrides everything, and I cannot see the task manager page to close it. I have to hard reset to get out of it. This has happened several times, on two machines, both running Windows 10.
- I see mention of different ammunition types, and have unlocked the option, but do not see anything supporting that. Is that because of the Beta/Demo?
- I am a casual gamer; my hard core gamer days are past, but I can typically hold my own in Arma3. However, I have only been able to get past the F22 once, and only lasted one level after that point. That's with all modifiers off. In the shooting gallery, I can get around 4th-5th level. I find the rarity of health and the lack of save very frustrating at some points. Again, that's me. My 9 year old daughter has enjoyed it a little, but was very quickly frustrated at the inability to get past a few levels.
Overall, well done. Keep up the good work.
- I haven't understood the reasoning behind weapon cases locking. I think already locked, or already unlocked would be the ideal setup, with only unique/high level weapons locked.
Thanks for the Feedback!
Did you unlock the Ammo types in the Lab ? After you have them researched, you can select between available ones with RMB (There are small ammo icons on the right side of your bullet UI) We will look after the freeze issue.
The game has a bit of a learning curve, we are certain that if you play a couple more times that you steadily increase. That is a big part of the appeal of the genre, but it also depends on which items and weapons you get and which perks you choose. Some runs can be unlucky in others you can get very lucky in weapons and items, don't give up : ) We will certainly add more difficulty modifiers and a easier one as the current normal/easy difficulty is really not easy, we are working on the balance at the moment, but if you beat the boss then you should be fit for the rest. I can try adding a real easier mode in todays patch. Keep in mind that the beta will end soon and we might change the price tomorrow.
The timed weapon cases are supposed to be rare bonus cases, they have higher level loot but lock after a time, so if you are fast enough you get it for free, else it will just become a normal metal crate with a keycard requirement.
Thanks for your comment, glad that you like the game!
I forgot to check the RMB. I have gotten slightly further, I made it to the second boss. I definitely see the variance between runs, some being 30 minutes long, others 3. I don't know if easier is necessary, as much as it'd be nice to be load where you left off, level-wise, perhaps. I don't know what other players think, that's just my thought. I like the Diablo-like randomness, it does make the gameplay repeatable without growing boring.
I purchased one copy, as I support this. This is the first game I've paid for in a long time, but I find it worth the support. I might buy a second for my daughter later.
I was floored by the demo, the amount of concentration it takes to stay alive is brutal but engaging. The art style is awesome, the combat is well paced and tense, and the reload mechanic is awesome. The only thing I think it needs is a little more ambient sound when not in combat to make the world feel a little more active.
Played the beta for only 2 hours and found it to be very good. Entertaining action that motivates you to become stronger and better with the level system. That's an offer you have to take (heavily reduced price while in beta). I would have easily paid the full price. It's totally worth it!